Thursday, May 19, 2011

Janette's Diaper Bag

This was my first diaper bag/purse I've made...well finished I should say.  I didn't have a pattern so it was a work in progress but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  I gave it to my sister Janette who had her first baby in February so this post is a little late but here none the less.  :) 

There are big pockets on the outside on both sides.



I put a zipper pocket to keep things a little more safe from little hands...(Janette: Once little Jayla gets a little bigger, she will be going through your bag....trust me!)


A few more pockets on the inside.



I also made a changing pad to go with it.


With a pocket on the outside to hold a wipe container.



And plastic on the inside so it cleans easy.  I learned quickly that it's not the easiest or enjoying to try to sew this stuff.  I put some wax paper between the plastic and my sewing foot and it sewed much easier. 



Now I just need to get me a diaper bag made.  That is going to have to wait until we get settled into our new place...hopefully before Hailey is old though.  :)

1 comment:

flarffy2000 said...

That is soooo cute! What kind of "plastic" did you use on the changing pad?