Thursday, February 10, 2011

Some things I've Learned

This is completely random but that's me. :)

List of things I've learned this week:
  1. If you wake up at 6:30 in the morning you can actually get a lot done without little helpers constantly on your lap or fighting or climbing into the fridge to get a piece of cheese.
  2. The mom really does set the tone of the home.  If' I'm crabby and yelling at the girls all day, we are bound to have a day where Dad comes home from work to find all girls (including mom) crying. 
    *This does work for an occasional unexpected Family Date Night though.  :)  Not to be abused.
  3. I don't like sewing plastic all that much but freezer paper helps tremendously with the stickage between the sewing foot and the plastic. 
  4. It's probably a good idea to sew on the velcro before you assemble an changing pad.  It's not too fun to hand stich velcro.  (Pictures coming of the changing pad and diaper bag I made this week.)
  5. Sewing with knit is kind of fun but make sure you sew in the right place because if you rip a seam out, you will see little hole marks.  (At least I did on my knit I used.  Pictures coming of the cute little hats I made for the girls.)
  6. I REALLY wish I knew if I was having a boy or a girl.  I can hardly wait 11 more weeks.  Anyone a psychic out there?
  7. Oh and I really don't know how to spell (I had to use spell check for simple words because it just wasn't coming to me) and my grammar and language skills has become pathetic since I'm a stay at home mom...but I've learned a lot more Mother Goose rhymes.

No comments: