Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring Time is Coming

We've watched Tinkerbell a lot the last couple of months.  If anyone every says anything about when Spring Time is coming, I always think about Tinkerbell.  If you've seen the movie you'll probably understand.  It reminded me of the Tinkerbell costumes that I made for the girls for Halloween last year.




I took a shirt/onesie to make a pattern for the bodysuit.  I gathered the front a bit to give it the true Tinkerbell shape.  I made a leaf like pattern for the skirt then gathered and attached the "leafs" to elastic.   You know those annoying clear straps that come in your shirts...the ones that you're suppose to use to keep your shirt on the hanger...yep, I used those for the straps.  They were a little difficult to sew with and by the end of the night they were saftey pinned in place but they still looked pretty cute.



I made the wings from hangers, white tights and some spray glitter.  I used the plastic straps again to attach them.  The shoes were my favorite part of the costume.  I loved the sparkly pom poms.  I was pleased with how they turned out.  It took longer than I thought just because I had so many little distractions from my super big helpers.

Welcome Spring Time!

No comments: