Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Little Mermaid Shirt

So I have lots of bags of clothes that really should be donated to goodwill.  Let's just say that I'm a bit of a pack rat and I can't throw anything away.  I'm determined to make as many things as I can using random stuff I have laying around the house. 

Yesterday I made Joselyn this:


From this old T-Shirt of mine (that I can't really say that I ever wore.):

Ruffles and Stuff just posted a tutorial for it yesterday.  Go here for the scoop.

It was pretty simple and fast to put together.  It was pretty baggy on Joselyn so I shirred around the middle to make it a little smaller.  When I first made it I thought it looked like the dress that Arial wore when she first got her "legs"...you know the dress that was made from a sail?  (Very frumpy!)  But it ended up looked pretty cute on.


I braided some straps and criss crossed them in the back.



It's frilly but fun.  (Obviously it's fun to stick your bum out and make silly faces too!)



It's super fun to run from your mom while she's trying to take your picture.


You could make it longer and have a super cute summer dress.  If I didn't think that I would look like a whale in it, I would make one for me too. :)

 
Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Maisy said...

Oh Kristin, you're so crafty! That is so so cute, and Joselyn is adorable.