Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Ruffled Clutch

Mother's Day is fast approaching.  I think we will all agree that our mother's have a special place in our hearts.  I've learned a lot from my mother.  She has always been right by my side when I've needed her guidance and support.  She's an extremely crafty person.  We've always given her a hard time because she's always saying, "I can make that" or "That would be so easy to do."  I catch myself saying that sometimes and it makes me smile.  I've also learned a lot from Kevin's mom.  She's always so willing to help me.  She's the kind of lady that makes everything from scratch and it actually tastes good.  :)  I'm so lucky to have 2 amazing moms that I can count on.  I also have grand mother's who I've learned so much from...and sisters who are mothers...I guess I'm just a lucky girl to have so many great women in my life.  I love them all.


This year I decided to make my mom's a little temple clutch.  (Kind of a strange idea but I guess it will work.)  So I made a clutch based on this tutorial from Noodlehead.


And inside I put a bunch of random things that you may need/want when you go to the temple like tylenol, chapstick, bobby pins, safety pins, lotion, gum and shout wipes (I'm constantly spilling stuff on me).



I also made a bracelet that will hold your temple name.  I'm not sure how it's going to work but I guess we'll find out.



There's also a place to put your temple recommend.



Or you can just use it as a clutch and put your credit cards and all of your other wallet "stuff" in it.  I would like to make me a black and white one for my purse and make one to hold all of the kids medicines and other stuff that you always carry in your diaper bag.



They were super easy to make (even with some wild children helping). 
Happy Wednesday!


No comments: