Friday, March 18, 2011

Good Luck Presents!

For the past 3 years I've wanted to make some cute (simple and cheap) presents for my sister and her basketball team.  Since this is her last year I decided that I didn't have much time to procrastinate and I had better get it done! 

I wasn't able to go to her District Basketball games because I was in Texas at a wedding. (More coming on that.)  But for Regionals I made fortune cookies.  (Recipe found here!) I put little motivational thoughts in each one...



And put them in little take out boxes.  After 15 minutes of trying to make my own template for the boxes, the grand idea came to mind that I bet I could find one online.  And I did.  I found one here...so much easier and faster than coming up with my own and they fit the cookies perfectly.



So after they won their Regional games, I had to come up with something for State. 

I found gum balls at the dollar store and decided to make some necklaces.


After poking holes in these darn gumballs for 30 minutes, my dad got home from work and I had him get out is drill.  :)  So much faster.  I wish I would have taken a picture of him drilling holes with the help of Macey sneaking a few every so often.


I put the gumballs on a strand of ribbon and attached a label..."Every girl needs a new necklace for the big dance!"  (The championship game is often referred to as the Big Dance.)

I thought they turned out really cute.  This would work out cute for just about any holiday...Valentine's, Anniversaries, Birthday parties...Pretty cute and cheap.


So in the end I'm going to say that I'm part of the reason why my little sister's team is now the 2011 2A State Championship Team.  Yep, they won.  First time in the school's history for the girls.  It was both mine and my big sister's dream to bring home the gold ball but I guess we'll settle for having the baby sister having that dream come true.  (Both of my brothers were part of Championship teams...so you can see that we are a little obsessed.)

So now on to real life and getting back to some what of a routine.  Our little bundle of joy (who is beating me up from the inside) should be here in less that 6 weeks.  We are super excited to meet this precious angel.  :)

No comments: