Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Zig Zag Quilt

I'm feeling anxious for this little bundle to be here.  I was looking through my blankets and I have NOTHING that is boyish at all...just lots of pinks mostly.  The one yellow blanket I have has elephants that are pink...not going to work if this kid is a boy.  So I made my first blanket.  I wanted it neutral so it will work no matter the gender.  :)  Black and white it was. 


Front:

Back:
It's hard to tell but it just follows the lines from the front...obviously!

I used the tutorial found here for a doll blanket and just made it bigger.  There are things that I would different now that I've finished it but I'm fairly pleased with my first attempt at a blanket.  Not to mention the fact that I did it while watching my two kids and my sister's two kids.  (I did it during nap time I promise...well mostly during nap time!)

No comments: