Monday, January 17, 2011

Wall Calendar

Let's get organized, organized...I wanna get organized. Lets get into organized. Let me here your body talk... :) Oh dear! Do you know what song I'm talking about? "Let's get physical" by Olivia Newton John. It just popped into my head. Strange? Yes!  I'll blame it on the abundance of hormones in my body.  :)


One of the much needed aspects that my life is lacking is organization. At the start of this month, I went through my unpacked boxes that have been stashed since August and finally found places for everything. After a few trips to Goodwill, all...well most of my junk is gone. One thing that has been driving me crazy is our spare bedroom/office/sewing room/throw everything in and shut the door room. I can finally say that the closet doors shut and stuff doesn't fall out of them when you open them.

I'll have to admit that I'm a list girl.  I really like the feeling of checking things of lists.  (Sometimes I ad stuff that I've done to a current list just so I can check it off.)  I feel the same way about calendars.  I like having everything planned out even though I don't always do this.  I have a desk calendar for all of my family stuff and appointments but I wanted a calendar for my projects.

I took an old frame and covered  everything including the glass with fabric.  I cut it a little bigger than I needed and just folded over the back and taped it.  You could also add some batting behind the fabric.  I just didn't have any at the time.


I just printed a calendar off.  I'm waiting for them to go on sale and then I'll buy one but for now, my printed one will work.  I painted the outside a bit just so it wasn't just plain ol' wood.  Then I hooked some ribbon and hung it on the wall.  


Then I just wrote down my projects for the month and its finished.


It didn't take long at all, even with Joselyn helping me paint and Macey helping me on the computer.  :)

1 comment:

Melisa said...

Great idea! I am definitely feeling the need to get organized...organized! I am so glad you are up and blogging again. Hope you are feeling good!