Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Barbie Birthday Cakes

I finally have gotten some pictures off of my memory card!  Yippee!  :)

We had the girls' birthday party last week.  Here are the cakes that I made.  This was my first time using fondant.  I've tasted the fondant that you can buy and personally I think it's super nasty so I attempted to make my own using some tips found here.  I liked the taste of the fondant.  Next time I think that I need to make a little more and not roll it out so thin...and make sure that it is really cold with I work with it.





Compared to the melting princess castle that was a huge disaster from Joselyn's birthday last year...these are super amazing!  But anything is better than last year's cake. :)

Make it and Love it has a Make a Cake Series that you should check out.  She's really amazing.  She has a neat blog that has lots of ideas.

2 comments:

Maisy said...

Those are really cute!

Anonymous said...

Your princess cakes turned out great! I tried to make Snow White for Mollie's b-day but it didn't turn out all that great. What kind/size/shape pan did you use?