Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Snazzy Capris

I made matchy capris for the girls for their birthday.  They were super easy...yes...you can make them in a sinch.  I made both of the capris for less than $4.  So much cheaper than buying them plus you get the satisfaction of making them on your own. :)

I personally can't sew great using store boughten patterns.  It seems like I end up using my seam ripper more than my sewing machine.

All you need is a pair of shorts or capris for a pattern and some super cute material.  Don't forget to add at least 1/2" for seam allowance.  I added a bit more just to make sure that they were big enough.  It's always easier to make things smaller.  If you're looking for more tips, you can go here or here for a tutorial on how to make shorts.

I planned on doing a tutorial with these but it seems like I always forget to take pictures along the way.  (I have a hard enough time remembering to take pictures of the finished project.)


I used elastic for the waistband but just in the back.  The front of the waistband is straight...so that the pants will lay straight instead of being bunched.
(Yes, I put her right next to a pot of flowers so there was tons of dirt to play with.  Otherwise she just tries to climb on my lap instead of posing.)


I added pockets too.  They aren't very deep.  They're more for just looks.
You could make the bottoms look like a cuff too.  That was my plan but time was running a little short. :)


I thought that the girls looked super cute and I'm happy with them.  I secretly want to make me a pair.  I might have to but probably with different material.  Matchy is good but I don't want to take it too far. :)



Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kristin-I found your blog on your facebook page...you are so crafty and creative! I love looking at all your projects. Hope you guys are well! Your kids are sure cute!

Anonymous said...

love the crock thing that you have flowers planted in.