Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Super Find!

A lady I go to church with was getting rid of everything in her house.  (They're moving her to a nursing home.  A little sad but the reality of life sometimes.)  I got a call saying that she had a lot of material that needed a good home.  She used to work for the Gerry Factory here in town which made coats, sleeping bags, duffle bags, etc.  She was telling me about how the NFL contacted them asking them to design some warm jackets for the coaches.  So she designed the first coats that were used by the NFL coaches.  Anyway, a lot of fabric was an understatement.  I seriously thought that I had died and gone to heaven when I saw the 30 metal trash cans that were filled to the brim with material.  That didn't include the 15-20 bolts of slick jacket material that were sitting along side.

I haven't gotten to go through all of it yet but I came home with 6 huge bags of material, a bag of serger thread, sleeping bags, rain jackets and these lovely zippers.


Check them out.  Now I can't complain (or go take some from my mom) because I have plenty!


Hopefully in the next couple of days I'll get the chance to check out all of my finds!  Aren't you so excited for me?  :)  Oh and don't you love my cool jar?  Thanks Andy!  You're the best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I assume it was Irene...? Lucky you!