Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Travel Desk


When I decided that I was going to take a great adventure across the plains I knew that Joselyn would get a little bored of being in the car.  I randomly found this travel desk and had to make it.

I just came up with the measurements on my own because the pattern didn't make much sense to me.  Here's what I came up with.  (Please forgive the foot prints from dirty shoes.  I took these pictures after our trip...The poor thing did get a little abused.)

So one side is a pillow and the other side has a board that makes it easier to draw on.  You can slip the board out and wash the travel desk.  (On my list of things to do this week.)







I made some pockets for things such as crayons, lipgloss (of course), princess Aurora doll, fruit snacks and coloring books.




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The sides fold in and stay closed with a button so it's easier to carry, throw, step on, lay on...you get the picture.
If I were to make it again, I would do a few things different so if you're thinking about making one, let me know and I can give you my measurements and a few of my post finished suggestions.

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Loveable Luceros said...

I want one!! That is so cool. McKenna would love something like that!! Let me know.
Janae