Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Fluffy Container

I keep all of my measuring spoons and dippers and spatula's and just basically a bunch of cooking "stuff" in one drawer.  Slowly it has moved to two drawers and now I don't have much room for my towels and bibs.  We just finished our peanut butter so I decided to put the container to use.  This is what I did.








You could use any type of container really.  This was just handy...although it wasn't too fun cleaning all of the left over peanut butter out.  It really is "creamy"! :)









I didn't have any yellow material so I used this old shirt that had a stain on it.  (Sorry Andy...I had to cut it...I promise that I wore it tons.)  You could use paper too but I didn't have any yellow paper that was big enough to cover the container. 



I just used a hot glue gun and glued the material onto the peanut butter container.  You could use Mod Podge too...that would work great but I'm a cheap butt and don't want to use that stuff on just anything. :)






After I finished putting the material around the container, I glued some flowers around in a random fashion. Here's what the finished project looked like.











It's a little frilly but it will work for now.  It's great to actually be able to shut my drawer now!  :)

No comments: