Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Phantom of the Opera...

My sister's prom is this weekend.  The prom theme is Music of the Night.  I took my long satin gloves that I wore to prom when I was in high school and sewed a couple lines using my elastic thread (which I think is super amazing and fun to sew with) and it gathered the gloves up.


Then there was the mask.  I'm not sure if I absolutely love it but I do like it.  I just keep telling myself that it will be dark and that everyone will be looking at how beautiful Whitney will look in her dress and the mask won't really matter.






I used Mod Podge for the first time and now I know what everyone has been talking about...Mod Podge does Rock!  I was shocked at how good it worked.  I covered the mask with some sparkly material that I cut from an old top of mine that I bought just because I liked the skirt that came with it...also from high school.


We rumaged around through my mom's craft room to find the rest of the stuff.  (Someday I'll have a craft room and have stuff to put in it.) 
At least I know that Joselyn likes it. She thought it was cool to get to hold it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

never heard of elastic thread... and im still getting up the courage to try modpodge.

i have a brother named whitney...

WhItNeY SuE said...

I love it!! =] Everyone is going to be talking about how cool my gloves are and how AWESOMe my mask is. =] Thanks Kristin!!
xoxo,
Whitney

Maisy said...

Way cool, you're just so crafty. P.S. We miss you at work. We've still got your name on the board ;)